Heart Of Mary Villa
A MINISTRY OF THE CONGREGATION OF OUR LADY OF CHARITY OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD
I. Accompaniment of women who get pregnant outside of marriage
- Caring services for the security and well-being of the women.
- Healing services to affirm the dignity and worth of the women and their families.
- Teaching services for the enrichment of women’s knowledge, attitudes, values, capabilities, talents, and skills.
- After care services to former residents for needed further accompaniment.
II. Residential Care for Voluntarily Surrendered or Abandoned Infants before placement in permanent homes.
- Caring services to promote holistic growth and development of the child.
- Healing services to promote health maintenance, early recovery from illness, and to protect babies from developing serious and irreversible conditions.
- Teaching services to satisfy the child’s need for adequate stimulation and promote learning opportunities.
III. Preparation for placement of children to adoptive families
- Preparation of documents
- Presentation of the case of the child to find a match with prospective adoptive parents
- Orientation of prospective adoptive parents prior to entrustment.
IV. Facilitating Post Adoption Concerns
- Sharing the joys and pains of adoption through exchange of communication and visits
- Conducting counseling and therapy
- Attending to requests for information
- Contacting concerned parties when search is requested
- Facilitating communication between biological mothers and adoptees and eventual meeting
- Celebrating the longed-for-meeting