A MINISTRY OF THE CONGREGATION OF OUR LADY OF CHARITY OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD
March 1953 – opening of a small homey shelter for single expectant mothers in Aurora Boulevard, Quezon City, Philippines by the Religious of the Good Shepherd, a congregation founded by St. Mary Euphrasia Pelletier.
May 1957 – transfer to a property in Maysilo, Malabon on a ninety-nine year-lease through the generosity of Monsignor Rufino J. Santos, then Archbishop of Manila. The new home was called Heart of Mary Villa in honor of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
February 7, 1958 – registration of Heart of Mary Villa-Good Shepherd Sisters, Inc. with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
April 18, 1968 – accreditation by the then Social Welfare Administration of the two-pronged services for women and children.
September 27, 1972 – launching of HMV outreach program and establishment of Damayan Community Center.
September 26, 2009 – destruction of facilities by typhoon Ondoy/Ketsana.
October 16, 2009 – transfer of babies from Maysilo, Malabon City to a temporary nursery in Good Shepherd Formation House in Quezon City.
August 10, 2010 – ground breaking of the future site of HMV Nursery.
October 1, 2010 – definitive transfer of Heart of Mary Villa to Good Shepherd Compound, 1043 Aurora Boulevard, Quezon City.
February 8, 2011 – 54th anniversary of Heart of Mary Villa and blessing of the new nursery.
June 30, 2014 – Damayan Community Center phased out its services after serving families and children for forty two years.